Thursday 4 July 2013

Despite Everything, I celebrate Naija

I celebrate life, I celebrate the lives of the youths, friends and wise elders that surround me, I celebrate fortitude, resilience, strength and indomitable spirit, I celebrate the past and its lessons, I celebrate today because am here, I celebrate the future and hope and faith in an unfailing everlasting God. I celebrate opportunity, I celebrate the earth and its abundance, I celebrate the sky and its fullness, I celebrate the noise, the laughter, the tears, the dancing, the screaming, the pain, regret and redemption. I celebrate the sound of clapping that I hear in my heart, the noise of rejoicing that my hope is producing, the sound of a fallen giant rising to its feet, far greater and stronger than before its fall, strong from the fire of oppression and deprivation, pain and misery, resolute in its resurgence, undaunted by the derision of the world. I celebrate the forests and the deserts the lakes and the gullies. I celebrate the pple, young and old, rich and poor, schooled and unschooled.1 nation 1 spirit, 1heart of steel. I celebrate Naija

No comments:

Post a Comment